Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sept 10th 2011 Ocean Grove Flea Market

Up bright and early for one of my favorite days.....The Ocean Grove Giant Flea Market.

there was so many interesting items......

Fall is coming.... and these colorful hand painted gourds were painted some amazing colors.......

sea shells anyone? looks like  the Flamingo was sorting through the bucket....

there is so much to look at....the colors, the textures, items from the past...always so much fun...

love love love the colors of this fabric and mini wheel barrow.....so rustic but so colorful...

you can always find beautiful art.... you just have to look for it...it is all around us...

can you imagine wearing these babies.......ouch!

some very funny signs.....

I just loved this  print...the sticker said $15.00 and I kindly asked the seller if he could do a little better and he said" OK, how about $10.00"..well he made my day, the picture was made for us......the colors are so soft and muted, fits right into our home....and has roses, my favorite...

my friend Suzi and I, this was her 1st Ocean Grove Flea...I am sure it will not be her last...she got some great goodies too!

I am not really into dolls , being that I have 3 guys at home, but I am starting to love how adorable some are and how colorful....

My hubby John and I ...He is the best hubby, always smiling and always helping to carry the packages....what a guy....

what a crazy????not sure what it is.. but reminds me of the Brady bunch house....under a dome no less....

see I told you, you can find beautiful art all around us...

these signs always make people laugh...there is always a crowd gathered round.......

not everyone is interested in the super flea.....some love people watching and some like counting sheep....

loved this pastel painting of a pretty gal....

on a very sad note...the Empty Shoe Memorial was also in Ocean Grove for the weekend for the 10th anniversary of 9-11

what a moving memorial ...... 2974 pairs of  shoes representing all of the lives that were lost on 9-11
each pair of shoes also had a flag standing beside them at Auditorium Square Park in Ocean Grove...It was so sad to see the different types of shoes that represented all the people both young and old who died on this day.  Sending prayers and love to all the families effected by this horrible act.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.