Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Holiday Window Design

I was so excited to complete this window display for a dear friend.  Her Name is Carol and she owns "U Frame It" https://www.facebook.com/pages/U-Frame-It-Custom-Picture-Framing/359058862028 Frame Shop in town.  She is such a sweet lady and always a pleasure to talk to.  We have been talking about her window displays for years...... She said that she needed some help in the design department.... and I was happy to help......since she has always helped me with mat board donations for my school to helping me with framing some of my own art work.  It was time for me to repay all of the favors she has so kindly helped me with.....I worked for the display department in Macy's for years and couldn't wait to get started on this assignment.  I offered to help design the window and she finally took me up on my offer.........I drew up a few design ideas and she picked one that she liked and let me run with it..... I love when people let me do my thing............
I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I wanted to use things from her shop.....so my drawings were enlarged and cut from mat boards and foam core. 

I free hand drew my sketches onto these boards and used my favorite good old "sharpie markers" and paint pens to add the details....I hot glued buttons, googly eyes, pom poms, fleece for scarves, and all the elements together. I cut out snow flakes and made paper chains all out of holiday scrap book papers.

I "LOVE" how it turned out. Carol said it is the best window she ever had and the best in the shopping center.....I am so Happy that she LOVES it and happy to help a dear friend........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.