Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Sharing some of my students Art work...


I am a middle school art teacher in the town that I live.  I am always on the hunt for some interesting lesson plans......Here is a few of what we have been busy with this year........

ZENTANGLES......the art of the controlled doodle...... black sharpie markers on white paper...stunning!!!!simple and cheap..

folded BOOK ART.......... made with old books that our school would recycle
UGLY DOLLS....

LOVE  this lesson....a great story of the creators of the Ugly Dolls...students have to design their own doll, learn to make a pattern,

cut it out, sew details, then stuff it and sew it up...... I love how even the toughest of boys really ENJOY this project.......
 
our classes RECYCLED ART....displayed at our high school for the Music and Art Show.....
 
LOVE  teaching the students about the importance of RECYCLING and how you can create interesting ART using everyday household items....
  
everything we showcased was  made from RECYCLED ITEMS......

another ZENTANGLE......hours and hours went into finishing this beautiful bird house....

here's another one with added color......I LOVE when the students get it!!! and excel.......

I taught the students how to make paper beads
and then how to turn them into colorful cuff bracelets......

they really enjoyed customizing their cuffs with their favorite colors.....
 
I have one student who is always ahead with all her projects.......she is a natural.....and this is what she created with some scrap pieces of felt......

well I would have to say that my students created some awesome art work this year and I am so proud of them.....

Hoping you are planning on creating some colorful art and maybe even including your kids....they just might surprise you as to how creative they are....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.