Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Paper Bead Class in the garden today.............


What a great class I got  to teach today to 7 very interesting ladies......it was the first class I taught this summer and it was a beautiful day......at Centennial Cottage in Ocean Grove.

The gardens are at their best and to create in the  garden in this quaint town is really a special treat.

the women and teens were from all around the state, which always leads to interesting conversations.....

I showed the students some of my samples and some from my talented middle school students. (I am a middle school art teacher during the year)

I must say this group was ready and eager to learn and they did an awesome job....these are Pat's beads...she was so quick and accurate in her bead making skills...I was so impressed!

more of Pat's beads....

I showed the ladies how to create the beads and how to decorate the papers and then they were on their on for a while decorating and cutting...the class flew by.....

these are Nancy's beads, and she too really caught on and was able to complete a necklace and bracelet in record time....

and here is her finished bracelet and necklace and one Happy Lady.....It always makes you Happy when your students get it and they too are Happy....

we had a special treat today...from my friend Jeff Rudell.  Jeff is an amazing paper craftsmen and lives in  Ocean Grove,  he stopped by to see the class and he dropped off 2 copies of his book that was just published...... called "Paper Blooms" We had a drawing  and one happy lady  (Pat) won this awesome book.......
If you LOVE paper, crafting, and flowers...then book is for you...step by step instructions on how to make every kind of flower you could think of......

these English Roses  have to be my favorite.

 I  got my copy and I ordered it at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Blooms-Extraordinary-Weddings-Celebrations/dp/1454703504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365006309&sr=8-1&keywords=paper+blooms    this book is so reasonably priced and I know you will happy to learn from this paper master....

here is my teaching schedule

PAPER BEADS Monday July 8th students will learn the art of paper bead making, then use these beads in interesting ways to create jewelry.
MACRAME Wednesday July 17th students will learn how to create interesting jewelry designs incorporating beads and shells into their macramé pieces.
PAPER QUILLING Wednesday July 24th students will learn how to manipulate thin pieces of paper into interesting paper cards and crafts.
VINTAGE BOOK ART Friday August 16th. Students will learn how to alter vintage books into interesting pieces, as well as learn how to make creative paper crafts using vintage books and magazines…..
FABRIC BEADS August 21st students will learn how to take scraps of their favorite fabrics, some thread, scrap yarns, buttons, and beads to make interesting beads to add to your jewelry collections. 
Please join me at Centennial Cottage in Historic Ocean Grove for a few hours of creative fun! Classes start at 10:30am till 1:00pm cost for each class is $15.00 plus a $5.00 kit fee. We will be crafting in the beautiful gardens weather permitting, however bad weather we will work in the museum.  You can plan on a day of crafting in Ocean Grove, then you may hit the beaches, have  lunch in one of the many great eateries, then grab an ice cream in one of the 2 quaint ice cream shops in town, do a little shopping…everything is within walking distance…  I promise you will be hooked on crafts and this adorable town…. E mail me if you have any?’s at www.vintage2glam@aol.com otherwise contact the Historical Society of Ocean Grove’s museum at 732-774-1869 to register.  Classes fill up fast.  Hope to see you in class in the gardens….



2 comments:

  1. I would definitely wear those necklaces. Will have to have a look into doing this myself at some point. I love papercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all paper crafts......they are easy to make..... go to you tube and I am sure you can fine a million ways.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.