Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Working the House Tour in Ocean Grove....


Well this summer it sure is HOT!!! and Friday July 19th 2013  was the annual House Tour in Ocean Grove........with record heat it was going to be a challenging day to keep cool......


I have been a docent for a few years now, and it is always exciting to see the homes, the history and the charm of this quaint little town

I am always interested to be honest in the decorating, and the colors people chose to paint their homes, and to learn a few tips or so....I love how this child's pink Polk-a-dot bathing suit was frames along with the adorable child wearing that very suit ....

just walking around town there is always something that  catches my eye....

thought that this was an interesting way to display your shell collection....

I must  say that the highlight of my day was meeting Jack and Jean...their garden was on tour this year and they certainly have a charming one.......

as we walked along to the back of the yard Jean was kind enough to set up a little table with some thing to cool us off as well as a few cookies......

she was so kind and invited us in once she learned that I was an artist...she said her husband Jack was one as well and so she took us for a little tour.....I knew I would love her soon as we walked in......

their kitchen was charming and the orchid was in full bloom, Jack paints scenes from around town and I must say he is amazing......

Their home was decorated with all things that they love and cherish and that to me is what makes a HOME!

how comfy and sweet is this..... we were thrilled to meet them and so thankful they showed us around a bit......

along our journey you cant help but notice the lovely flowers so many have around their homes....I have never seen Lilies that curl up like this.......

love this town with all the fancy trims and moldings......

How about this for detail?????  This was the home that I was docent in....an amazing home that sat on Wesley Lake overlooking Asbury Park.

This beautiful stain glass panel original to the home built 1882 surrounded my the most wonderful wooden detailed staircase..... this is landing to the second floor 

the lighting in this fabulous home was to die for.......so HAPPY that I got a beautiful home to work in for a few hours, and to cool off from the unbearable heat!

the house tour as usual did not disappoint...and looking forward to working it again next year....
 
Hope you will consider being a docent or touring these fabulous homes in



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.